-
January 3rd, 2006, 05:50 AM
#11
HB Forum Owner
The most ?exotic? place I?ve ever been to is Canada, so I guess I?ve never been on an excursion! [img]wink.gif[/img]
However, in the spirit of archeology, I was (as a youngster) very thrilled to find a bone in the rocks in front of my house! My mom told me it was probably some old squirrel bone. It looked like a rock, but was very light and porous.
I had heard many people talk about discovering arrowheads in their yards, and it made me feel hopeful that someday I would, but I never had the good fortune.
I guess I still secretly hope that the bone I found was a dinosaur?s, but if it was, he was awfully small. [img]wink.gif[/img] But the good news is, you can make interesting discoveries in your own backyard. In fact, people may have unearthed exciting discoveries in your area! If you check with museums, you can find out where they have unearthed interesting artifacts.
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks